Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cards for Soldiers; part 1


 On May 5th, National Scrapbook Day, I attended a crop that supports some of our soldiers. Many people did scrapbooking, I am going thru a bunch of stuff that has been sitting around for the past 2-7 years in my craft room. I took parts & pieces of past projects and made cards. I had very limited supplies with me. Then donated the cards to be sent to the soldiers to use. I had a blast!! I found what I should have been doing during all the soldier crops!

I'll post some cards today, and show you some more next week. The card above is the oldest amongst the bunch. And I actually found it done, and did nothing more to it. The dragonfly and sentiment are on the inside of the card. The square hole was punched out after the front of the card was stamped. Stamps: retired TAC (The Angel Company).

The next two cards are similar. I found a pile of cat ATC's (Artistic Trading Cards 2 1/2" x 3 1/2") made a few years back. They are fun, quick and use less supplies than cards. These were spares from a swap. I didn't think of taking background stamps with me, so I reused this same one many times. Slapping pre-made ATC's on cards is great for cards on the run. The whole piece with the cats & gold ribbon on kraft cardstock is the ATC. Look how it seems to change with each background color. Stamps: retired TAC, round background is current A|Muse Studio (background).




I did the same thing on the next two cards. Found ATC's (butterfly, floral paper, black border), and created cards. The glittering had already been done. I grabbed pre-punched tags, and pre-cut & scored cardstock. The solid burgundy piece of cardstock in the lower card is from a cardstock sampler. The yarn was pre-cut for a class I did a few years back, and re-appropriated for this card. Stamps: retired TAC, current A|Muse Studio (sentiment).



Check back next week, for another group of cards created from bits & pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment