Sunday, May 20, 2012

Cards for Soldiers; Part 2

I'm so excited to share some more cards that I made for soldiers to use. The crop I attended is recurring about 4 times a year. I don't make all of them, but have a great time at each one that fits my schedule. The card above is made with an ATC (talked about last week), I added the flower and eyelet, a couple pieces of sampler cardstock and pop dots. I really like how this one turned out! Stamps: retired TAC.

If you attended TAC's Seminar one year in Kansas City...you may recognize this ATC. I know I stamped that tag and attached that ribbon at least 100 times! It all started with the colors of the ribbon - about 5 years ago. As my only background stamp available...I really love the psychedelic flower! If you like it too, scroll up and down and watch it move. LOL Stamps: retired TAC, current A|Muse Studio (psychedelic flower).

The ATC on this card was for a swap. A friend at the time was very into making them, and hooked me up with her group of people. The theme was teddy bears...and I really stretched it. :) The flower didn't seem appropriate for the background, so it's plain with some ribbon & pop dots.  Stamps: retired TAC.


The next two cards, are very similar...trying to keep them masculine looks boring to me, but Tim says they are correct. As a retired Navy guy, I trust his judgement on what is and isn't masculine for a card.

I soooo L O V E the ship collage stamp! I found a whole page of these, so I tore a few out and mounted them on pre-cut black cardstock. Added eyelets (Tim says "I really like those rivets you put in the cards"), and done. I distressed the edges with an ink pad (Tim approved activity also).




More coming next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment